Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/05 18:52:26 UTC

[TESTING][VOTE]Apache Airavata 0.7 RC4

Following distributions are available [1] for testing,
*Server distributions *(both in zip & tar.gz formats)
*[Standalone-Server] - *apache-airavata-server-0.7-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
*[Server-As-a-WebApp] - apache-airavata-server-0.7-SNAPSHOT-war.zip*
*Client distributions *(both in zip & tar.gz formats)
*[API-Client] *- apache-airavata-client-0.7-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
*[GUI-Client] *- apache-airavata-xbaya-gui-0.7-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
*[GUI-Client] - *apache-airavata-xbaya-gui-0.7-SNAPSHOT-jnlp.zip
*Source pack*
apache-airavata-0.7-SNAPSHOT-src.zip

*Here are some pointers for testing*
- Verify the fixed issue for this release [2]
- Verify the basic workflow composition/execution/monitoring scenarios from
Airavata 5 & 10 min tutorials [3],[4]
- Verify basic use-cases for Airavata API [5] are working
- Verify client usecases relating to Paramberoo & ODI
- Verify the stability with derby & mysql backend databases
- Verify that the XBaya JNLP distribution works (we need documentation on
how to deploy it)
- Verify deploying Airavata server in a tomcat distribution (we need
documentation on how to deploy it)
- Verify that the unit tests & integration tests in the source pack

[1]https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airavata/0.7/RC4/
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AIRAVATA%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%220.7%22%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC
[3]
http://airavata.apache.org/documentation/tutorials/airavata-in-5-minutes.html
[4]
http://airavata.apache.org/documentation/tutorials/airavata-in-10-minutes.html
[5]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Gateway+Developer+Guide

Regards
Lahiru

System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab
Indiana University

Re: [TESTING][VOTE]Apache Airavata 0.7 RC4

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

I found an issue in one of the samples, I will do another build.

Regards
Lahiru

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Lahiru,

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
I have verified the EC2 related job submissions through XBaya as well as
through Java clients. I am continuing to test more. I will keep the list
updated with the progress.

In the meantime, I would appreciate if someone else could also test the EC2
job submissions, so that we can make sure that I have not missed anything
during testing. You can follow the posts [1] [2] to run EC2 jobs and
monitor running instances. A prerequisite for this would be having an aws
account.

If you run into any issues. Let me know.

[1] -
http://heshans.blogspot.com/2013/04/run-ec2-jobs-with-airavata-part-i.html
[2] -
http://heshans.blogspot.com/2013/04/run-ec2-jobs-with-airavata-part-ii.html

Thanks,
Heshan

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Following distributions are available [1] for testing,
> *Server distributions *(both in zip & tar.gz formats)
> *[Standalone-Server] - *apache-airavata-server-0.7-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
> *[Server-As-a-WebApp] - apache-airavata-server-0.7-SNAPSHOT-war.zip*
> *Client distributions *(both in zip & tar.gz formats)
> *[API-Client] *- apache-airavata-client-0.7-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
> *[GUI-Client] *- apache-airavata-xbaya-gui-0.7-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
> *[GUI-Client] - *apache-airavata-xbaya-gui-0.7-SNAPSHOT-jnlp.zip
> *Source pack*
> apache-airavata-0.7-SNAPSHOT-src.zip
>
> *Here are some pointers for testing*
> - Verify the fixed issue for this release [2]
> - Verify the basic workflow composition/execution/monitoring scenarios from
> Airavata 5 & 10 min tutorials [3],[4]
> - Verify basic use-cases for Airavata API [5] are working
> - Verify client usecases relating to Paramberoo & ODI
> - Verify the stability with derby & mysql backend databases
> - Verify that the XBaya JNLP distribution works (we need documentation on
> how to deploy it)
> - Verify deploying Airavata server in a tomcat distribution (we need
> documentation on how to deploy it)
> - Verify that the unit tests & integration tests in the source pack
>
> [1]https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airavata/0.7/RC4/
> [2]
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AIRAVATA%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%220.7%22%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC
> [3]