Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2002/07/01 05:14:31 UTC

Re: When to release?

allan wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>well I think there are two things really left:
>>
>>1. I've just updated the site with the recent changes, and you all are
>>welcome to run the usual usability testing. Once we are happy with it,
>>this item is closed. Though we did that with Allan's home builds, it's
>>possible that something went wrong during the merge. Also we did change
>>certain things after Allan's last review, search mainly, so please test.
>>e.g. Bill does your NS4 still crash?
>

> we [or me rather] need to update the search-results page
> with two things [mainly: the checkboxes looks bad in ns4,

are you talking about adding some space between the checkbox and the titles?

> the links should be non-underlined], neither of these are
> showstoppers i reckon

probably, but that's a sec to fix, no?

>>2. I've added a new button (page_changes.gif), but I've no idea what
>>font family/size was used for other buttons. So now it's sort of broken.
>>If anybody knows how to fix it, go ahead. Allan promised to fix it
>>hopefully on Monday. If you beat Allan to it, we can (pre-)release earlier.
>

> hopefully late monday including specs for the images ...
> they should be very close to this [havent double-checked]:

cool, but will wait for the final spec

> photoshop 5.5 macintosh
> -----------------------
>

> font: Verdana, regular
> size: 11pt
> tracking: 15
> anti-alias: none
> colors: #525d76, #ffffff

any chance you can give the font in the format:

-adobe-utopia-medium-r-normal-*-*-120-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1

?

see your spec misses at least (normal|bold|...) part of the spec. The
syntax above is well-defined and cross-platform I believe.

> prev, next
> ----------
> width: 48px
> height: 16px
>

> up
> --
> width: 25px
> height: 16px
>

> top
> ---
> width: 48px
> height: 16px
>

> pdf, src
> ---
> width: 40px
> height: 15px

no need for these, you can easily find out the size of the image.