Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2021/01/20 15:24:54 UTC

Apache cTAKES 4.0.0.1 : UMLS Authentication Patch

???As some have experienced, the U.S.A. National Library of Medicine (NLM) has changed the authentication method for using the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS).

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/index.html

Though a bit late in its arrival, Apache cTAKES now has a patch release that supports the new UMLS authentication method.

The release number is 4.0.0.1, an update of the previous release version 4.0.0 with a single change to enable the new UMLS authentication.

No other code or functionality has been modified and there are no enhancements to the previous release 4.0.0

There are instructions for use on the Apache cTAKES wiki.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+4.0.0.1

The source code is available in the 4.0.0.1 tag Subversion (svn) repository.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/tags/ctakes-4.0.0.1/

The jar and pom files are available from maven central and any Applications utilizing Apache cTAKES as an Apache Maven dependency should update their pom files.

https://search.maven.org/search?q=ctakes

At this time the Apache infra script that points mirror download servers to the pre-built zip/archive files has not run.  I hope that the mirror servers are updated in a day or two.

When the mirror servers are updated the buttons on the "Downloads" page of ctakes.apache.org should trigger a download of the patch version.  Until then you will get a "page not found" error.

Until the pre-built archive downloads are available through the website, you can find them in the release repository.

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/ctakes/ctakes-core/4.0.0.1/

For more information please visit the wiki page on the Apache cTAKES 4.0.0.1 patch release.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+4.0.0.1

A very special thanks goes to Peter Abramowitsch for conception and original implementation of the authentication code and workflow.

Many thanks to those who boldly tested, documented and otherwise made this patch and its trunk equivalent possible, including

Kean Kaufmann

Gandhi Rajan

Eugenia Monogyiou

Timothy Miller

and anybody else that I have forgotten (apologies).

?And for those of you gave gave me a bit of prodding to get this wrapped up and published ... in the end I am grateful and you have done us all a service.

Cheers,

Sean

Re: Apache cTAKES 4.0.0.1 : UMLS Authentication Patch

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
- Link to public KEYS to verify the sigs?
- Link to the VOTE results?
- Anyone get a chance to download/test/verify the release candidate
artifact in staging before dist'ing?

Not sure if the release guide procedures changed, but it's fairly typical
https://web.archive.org/web/20140701075131/http://ctakes.apache.org/ctakes-release-guide.html

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.

Re: Fw: Apache cTAKES 4.0.0.1 : UMLS Authentication Patch

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
This is missing critical items which constitute an apache release [1].
If it has already been dist'd, I would suggest retroactively
correcting the missing steps as outlined in the release process.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#policy

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 10:39 AM Finan, Sean

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache cTAKES 4.0.0.1 : UMLS Authentication Patch [EXTERNAL]

Posted by moinuddeen smrk <sm...@gmail.com>.
Please unsubscribe me from the mailing list

RE: Apache cTAKES 4.0.0.1 : UMLS Authentication Patch [EXTERNAL] [SUSPICIOUS]

Posted by "Savova, Guergana" <Gu...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
+1
Amazing effort by the community led by Sean and Peter, thank you!
--Guergana

Posted by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Peter Abramowitsch <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sean!