Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/05/30 15:04:11 UTC

Guacamole drag and drop - SCP

Hi all,
I have the Guacamole container running and everything works well. I would like my users to have the ability to SCP the files into their VMs via the Guacamole browser. But when I drag and drop into the connection, I get this error:

File transfer is either not supported or not enabled. Please contact your system administrator, or check your system logs.

Is the SCP supported in the Docker image?

Thanks

Re: Guacamole drag and drop - SCP

Posted by Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Great thank you for your reply. Let me review and get back to you if I had more questions.
    On Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 12:02:08 PM EDT, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

 On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 11:08 AM, Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>  Good morning,
>
> I was able to put a check mark in the SFTP checkbox of my SSH connection
> and the file transfer worked transparently as you mentioned. Can you please
> advise how we can enable the SFTP for the Windows boxes via the admin
> interface?

There's a similar checkbox for the RDP connections (and VNC) for enabling
SFTP; however, you also need to specify a SFTP server name, username, and
password, in order for that to work.  This can either be a separate server
(e.g. Linux) that the files are transferred to and then made available, or
you can install a SFTP server on your Windows systems and point it at the
same server.  How you handle authentication and the various challenges with
that will depend on where you point it.  Also, if you choose to use a
separate SFTP server, then you need to find a way to make those files
available to the Windows server - either SFTP clients on the Windows
server, share the files via Samba, etc.

> Also, I came across this URL: https://sourceforge.net/
> p/guacamole/discussion/1110834/thread/9b3cc822/#9a0f
> Is it still valid? If it's true, that means the guacd container is where
> all these transferred files will live (until deleted).

Be careful not to confuse SFTP in RDP connections with RDP-based file
transfer support.  If you use RDP file transfer support, then, yes, the
files will get stored on the system running guacd.  However, if you're
using SFTP, then the files are stored on the SFTP server, wherever that is,
and not (necessarily) on the server running guacd (unless, of course,
that's also the server you use for SFTP).

-Nick

Re: Guacamole drag and drop - SCP

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Good morning,

I was able to put a check mark in the SFTP checkbox of my SSH connection and the file transfer worked transparently as you mentioned. Can you please advise how we can enable the SFTP for the Windows boxes via the admin interface?

Also, I came across this URL: https://sourceforge.net/p/guacamole/discussion/1110834/thread/9b3cc822/#9a0f
Is it still valid? If it's true, that means the guacd container is where all these transferred files will live (until deleted).

Any help would be much appreciated

    On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 3:10:32 PM EDT, Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

  On the Admin GUI I see this:

SFTP
Enable SFTP:File browser root directory:
That's probably what you meant, thank you. It works. I really appreciate your help.
    On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 2:52:19 PM EDT, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

 On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 2:43 PM, Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>  Hi Nick,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I used both Firefox and Chrome with no luck. It
> is a SSH connection. How can I enable SFTP?

Depends on how you're setting up connections.  The parameter name is
"enable-sftp" - if you're using one of the JDBC modules, it can be enabled
by checking the checkbox in the admin interface when you create or edit the
connection.  If you're using LDAP just add a parameter entry with
"enable-sftp" for the parameter name and "true" for the value.  If you're
using user-mapper.xml, add a parameter with name "enable-sftp" and value
"true".

-Nick

Re: Guacamole drag and drop - SCP

Posted by Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 On the Admin GUI I see this:

Posted by Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Great, thanks Nick.

I have three containers, these are the images: guacamole/guacamole, guacamole/guacd, mysql:latest.

Inside the guacamole docker container, there is a config file: vi /root/.guacamole/guacamole.properties

# guacamole.properties - generated Wed May 30 18:17:26 UTC 2018guacd-hostname: 172.17.0.2guacd-port: 4822mysql-hostname: 172.17.0.3mysql-port: 3306mysql-database: guacamolemysql-username: guacamolemysql-password: ....

I added the line below per your suggestion: enable-sftp: true

Is this what you meant or is there another file I should modify?

Thanks again

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply. I used both Firefox and Chrome with no luck. It is a SSH connection. How can I enable SFTP?

Thank you
    On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 11:10:37 AM EDT, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

 On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Tezarin <te...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have the Guacamole container running and everything works well. I would
> like my users to have the ability to SCP the files into their VMs via the
> Guacamole browser. But when I drag and drop into the connection, I get this
> error:
>
> File transfer is either not supported or not enabled. Please contact your
> system administrator, or check your system logs.
>
> Is the SCP supported in the Docker image?

Yes, SFTP should work fine in the Docker image.  What browser are you
using?  Have you enabled SFTP in the connection configuration?

Also, please note that SFTP may not mean that the files automatically show
up in the user's VMs - if they are connecting to a VM via SSH, then it
should work transparently and they will show up.  However, using RDP or
VNC, the SFTP host needs to either be the exact same host as the RDP or VNC
connection is using, or you have to provide another way to get the files
from the SFTP server to those hosts.

-Nick

Re: Guacamole drag and drop - SCP

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.