Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Malzer Ferdinand OSP sIT <Fe...@s-itsolutions.at> on 2013/03/25 07:49:42 UTC

strange behaviour of Jackrabbit using

Hello,
We have the following problem.
We use a  JcrConstants.MIX_VERSIONABLE node N which has a property A defined with defintion propDef.setOnParentVersion(OnParentVersionAction.IGNORE).

When we try to change this property we got the following exception:
	javax.jcr.version.VersionException: Unable to perform operation. Node is checked-in.

In the JCR 2.0 spec we could find the following information:

15.2.2 Read-Only on Check-In
When a versionable node is checked in, it and its subgraph become read-only.
The effect of read-only status on a node depends on the on-parent-version (OPV)
status of each of its child items.
When a node N becomes read-only:
* No property of N can be added, removed or have its value changed unless
it has an on-parent-version setting of IGNORE.

According the spec we would expect, that we could change the property A of N without explicitly check-out the node.
Does somebody knows what goes wrong and how to change a property defined as OnParentVersionAction.IGNORE without creating a new version?

Thx in advance.
:-) ferry malzer

Re: strange behaviour of Jackrabbit using

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Malzer Ferdinand OSP sIT
<Fe...@s-itsolutions.at> wrote:
> According the spec we would expect, that we could change the property A of N without
> explicitly check-out the node. Does somebody knows what goes wrong and how to change
> a property defined as OnParentVersionAction.IGNORE without creating a new version?

As you noted, it should be possible to modify such properties, but
there could be some implementation problem that prevents this. Can you
create a simple self-contained test case that illustrates this
behavior, and file a bug report in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR?

BR,

Jukka Zitting