Posted to user@aries.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/18 00:03:07 UTC

blog sample questions

Hi Forum,

The api module bundles infers to me that it should contain just public
interfaces classes, but it also contains api classes that are used only for
communicating with the persistence tier.  Is there a reason why the api
module isn't separated into two modules: "api" and "api-persistence"?

Also, the *Manager interfaces in the api module confused me as they are
only used by the biz project.  Initially, being in the api package, I
thought they would be used by the web module.

It wasn't instantly clear in the biz module what the BlogAuthorImpl,
BlogEntryImpl, etc were.  Would it make sense to put these domain classes
(BlogAuthorImpl) in a separate package (E.g.
org.apache.aries.samples.blog.biz.domain)?

Is the blog project an example of enterprise OSGi best practice?  I.e.
can/should I use this project as a template for future enterprise OSGi
projects that I create?

Sorry if these questions are dumb (and please don't take offence by them),
but I'm pretty new to OSGi.

Many thanks,

Chris