Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Martin Weber <m....@razorcat.com> on 2009/03/17 14:48:12 UTC

IvyDE - Problems with proxy settings on resolve

Hi all,
first of all, thanks for the great tool!

We have set up a company wide repository, which works fine with Ivy
invoked from Ant.
We use the http-Protocol to access that repository. Additionally, we
have a HTTP proxy for outbound connections.

With IvyDE, resolve is not possible, it seems that the setting of the
system property 'http.nonProxyHosts' is ignored, whereas the setting of
'http.proxyHost' is _not_ ignored.
On resolve, IvyDE will always connect to the HTTP proxy instead of
contacting the repository server.

Both of the system properties come from Eclipse preferences
(Preferences/General/Network Connections). If I change that setting to
'Direct connection to the internet', resolve works fine. But that
setting would in turn block the update manager:-(

I am using the latest version of IVyDE from trunk.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
	Martin

--

|--------------------------------------------

[Solved] IvyDE - Problems with proxy settings on resolve

Posted by Martin Weber <m....@razorcat.com>.
Martin Weber schrieb:
> Hi all,
> first of all, thanks for the great tool!
>
> We have set up a company wide repository, which works fine with Ivy
> invoked from Ant.
> We use the http-Protocol to access that repository. Additionally, we
> have a HTTP proxy for outbound connections.
>
> With IvyDE, resolve is not possible, it seems that the setting of the
> system property 'http.nonProxyHosts' is ignored, whereas the setting of
> 'http.proxyHost' is _not_ ignored.
> On resolve, IvyDE will always connect to the HTTP proxy instead of
> contacting the repository server.

The problem was caused because 'http.nonProxyHosts' is just a pattern,
no name server lookup is done.
In my case, 'http.nonProxyHosts' was set to "*.mycompany.com", but the
repository url did not contain the fully qualified domain name, just the
server name.

Sorry,
	Martin