Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Terrence Brannon <me...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/03 14:40:05 UTC

[users@httpd] could not log pid to file /var/run/httpd.pid

Hi,

I wrote a configuration file and attempted to start apache with it using:

apachectl -d . -f ./filename

however...

 1 - my errorlog states:

 [Sat Dec 03 05:17:02 2005] [error] httpd: could not log pid to file
/var/run/httpd.pid

 so my first question is: is this error fatal? or did Apache continue
to startup? Is there a verbose mode for apache startup that would make
this clear to me?

 2 - I dont understand why the Order directive was rejected. DId I
need to load something for this to work?

 3 - Here is my httpd.conf. I just want to get the server going for starters.

 ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

 Listen 23580

 DocumentRoot /home/tbrannon/cvs/blue/wagsvr
/htdocs/
 <Directory />
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride None
 </Directory>

 <Directory "/home/tbrannon/cvs/blue/wagsvr/htdocs/">
   AllowOverride None
 #n  Order allow,deny
 #  allow from all
   # This directive allows us to have apache2's default start page
   # in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the right place
   #RewriteRule     ^/(.+)[.]s?html$ /cgi-bin/lc.cgi/$1.html [PT]
   #             RedirectMatch ^(.+html)$ /cgi-bin/lc.cgi/$1
 </Directory>

 #ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /ernest/dev/livingcosmos/cgi-bin/
 #Action      text/html /cgi-bin/lc.cgi

 <Directory "/home/tbrannon/cvs/blue/wagsvr/cgi-bin/">
   AllowOverride None
   Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
 #  Order allow,deny
 #  Allow from all
 </Directory>

 LogLevel debug
 ErrorLog /tmp/wagsvr-error.log

 # alert, emerg.

 #CustomLog /tmp/wagsvr-access.log combined   - breaks also
 ServerSignature On