Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Horner, Jonathan J. (JH8) " <jh...@y12.doe.gov> on 2002/06/05 21:52:24 UTC

mod_proxy to mod_rewrite issues

I've been having a problem where any item of content-length greater than
8192 bytes gets garbled by the
proxy server.  I changed my ProxyPass* entries to be a RewriteRule:

<       ProxyPass / http://some.IP/
<       ProxyPassReverse / http://some.IP/
---
>       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://some.IP$1 [P]

It removes my previous problem but creates a new one:

Now, when some of my links contain a redirect, my clients get redirected to
the place I wanted to proxy to begin with, which includes a protocol change.

How do I make my RewriteRule account for any redirect the requested page may
contain?

Thanks,

Jon Horner, CISSP
SAIC WebPool
jh8@y12.doe.gov
Office:  (865) 425-5178
Pager:  (865) 417-5012

Re: mod_proxy to mod_rewrite issues

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Horner, Jonathan J. (JH8)  wrote:
> Now, when some of my links contain a redirect, my clients get redirected to
> the place I wanted to proxy to begin with, which includes a protocol change.
>
> How do I make my RewriteRule account for any redirect the requested page may
> contain?

Put back the ProxyPassReverse.  That directive can be used with
RewriteRule just like with ProxyPass.

Joshua.