Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by sujith k <su...@amritatech.com> on 2008/04/24 13:37:01 UTC

Store the encrypted passwords in openejb.xml

Hi,

In my openejb.xml  I am storing the user name and password for the database
connection in plain text. Is there any way to store the passwords in
encrypted format in openejb.xml? The connection details are given bellow.

     #  MySQL example
     #
     #  This connector will not work until you download the driver at:
     #  http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-jdbc-stable.html

     JdbcDriver    com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
     JdbcUrl        jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test
     UserName    root
     Password     root
     jtamanaged  false

Thanks in Advance
Sujith

Re: Store the encrypted passwords in openejb.xml

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Apr 24, 2008, at 4:37 AM, sujith k wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my openejb.xml  I am storing the user name and password for the
> database
> connection in plain text. Is there any way to store the passwords in
> encrypted format in openejb.xml?

Not currently.  You're welcome to file a jira for it.

-David

Re: Store the encrypted passwords in openejb.xml

Posted by Andrew Steeley <an...@gmail.com>.
This is how JBoss rolls w/ encrypted passwords in data stores:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/EncryptingDataSourcePasswords

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.