Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by M A <mm...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/31 15:48:51 UTC

[users@httpd] server info & server status

HI,

I always get the page is forbidden whenever i try to access the server info
or status page, i know i need to change the file permission to be able to
access it but i don't know which and where is the file to change its
permission?

Thanks

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf

Re: [users@httpd] server info & server status

Posted by Jason S <ja...@knology.net>.
> HI,
>
> I always get the page is forbidden whenever i try to access the server
info
> or status page, i know i need to change the file permission to be able to
> access it but i don't know which and where is the file to change its
> permission?
>
> Thanks

You need to make sure to uncomment this section of httpd.conf and set the
Allow directive:

# Allow server status reports, with the URL of
http://servername/server-status
# Change the ".your-domain.com" to match your domain to enable.
#
#<Location /server-status>
#    SetHandler server-status
#    Order deny,allow