Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Michael Stoffregen <m....@web.de> on 2005/05/18 18:11:49 UTC

jackrabbit in jboss

Hi everbody!

I need some help to deploy jackrabbit to jboss. Can anybody tell me how
to do that? I need a HOWTO like the Tomcat instruction for "deployment
model 2" because i'm not very familar with the JBoss datasource
configuration.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Re: 2 jackrabbits on common file system

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.
hi eric,

> I'm curently developing a CMS application (using Jackrabbit) and
> I would like to know if two applications embedding Jackrabbit library
> can work on a common file system ?
> For example if one is adding a file into a directory, will the other
> see the file immediatly or is there a cache layer and a need to
> refresh it before ?
> Is there some potential problems with such an implementation ?

those two applications should run either against the same "jackrabbit"
instance then everything should be fine.

see deployment model 2 & 3
http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/arch/deploy.html

you can also just let one of your instances (the one that is mainly
writing, if there is one ;) ) use the "embedded deployment" and
the other instance connect to i through for example rmi as a
client, this  should allow you to see all the changes instantaneously.

regards,
david

Re: 2 jackrabbits on common file system

Posted by Tobias Strasser <to...@gmail.com>.
no, currently this is not possible.
cheers, tobi

--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel

2 jackrabbits on common file system

Re: jackrabbit in jboss

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.
hi michael,

did you find out how to deploy it in the meantime? in case you
did, documentation patches would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
david