Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Lidgey <be...@inuknetworks.com> on 2008/02/11 15:30:23 UTC

Enforcer Plugin 1.0 release and requirePluginVersions rule

When is the next version of the  Maven Enforcer Plugin due to be released (I guess the next version is 1.0-SNAPSHOT)? I would like to use the requirePluginVersions rule, but that doesn't seem to be in the 1.0-alpha-3 version.

On a related wider-note: Is there a way to have the Maven plugin site reflect the plugin versions that are live, with perhaps another area for plugins in development? I seem to spend time looking at plugin documentation and configuring poms only to find some features aren't out yet.

Ben Lidgey
Senior Software Engineer
e: ben.lidgey@inuknetworks.com

Inuk Networks Limited
Enterprise House
Navigation Park
Abercynon
CF45 4SN
t: +44 (0)844 546 0100
f: +44 (0)844 546 0200
w: www.inuknetworks.com

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

Re: Enforcer Plugin 1.0 release and requirePluginVersions rule

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 11, 2008 8:00 AM, nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
> Even better if we had a site per public version, ie :
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/2.3
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/2.4
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/2.5-SNAPSHOT

It's not widely known (yet) but this is also starting to happen.  For example:

 * http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin-1.0-alpha-7

(Check the dev list archives for discussion.  We probably need to
bring it up again there and get it incorporated into the plugin
release docs if people think it's useful.)

--
Wendy

Re: Enforcer Plugin 1.0 release and requirePluginVersions rule

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.
Even better if we had a site per public version, ie :

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/2.3
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/2.4
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/2.5-SNAPSHOT

and maybe have the
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/index.html list
available versions

Nico.

Posted by Ben Lidgey <be...@inuknetworks.com>.
At the moment I am looking at the Maven Enforcer Plugin, as I am working on some custom rules to support our dev process, and noticed the docs are for 1.0-SNAPSHOT which doesn't seem to be in the repository. I've not looked through the other plugins to see if they are the same.

Ben

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/ .  (In this

Posted by Ian Springer <ia...@redhat.com>.