Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bob Morley <rm...@emforium.com> on 2009/09/28 21:53:36 UTC

Product Store credit card payment setting restrictions

Started working on the ability for our product store to configure which
payment methods are available to them.  The current support in Ofbiz appears
to allow me to do this at the PaymentMethodType level -- CREDIT_CARD,
EFT_ACCOUNT, FIN_ACCOUNT, GIFT_CARD, etc.  What it does not appear to let me
do is to restrict to the various sub-types in that payment method (VISA,
MASTERCARD, etc).  These things seem to be rendered in a hard-coded
cctypes.ftl file (which also does not seem to make use of the cardType
enumeration (ie. "Visa" is used on the CreditCard.cardType instead of
CCT_VISA).

SO, what I want to do is be able to configure the various credit card types
that are applicable to the CREDIT_CARD payment method.  I would also like to
be able to drive the rendering of this from the enumerations of type
CREDIT_CARD_TYPE.

What I am suggesting is a new entity "ProductStoreCreditCardSetting" that
will seed to the same set of credit cards that are produced in the
cctypes.ftl file.  I would then change the rendering of this ftl to make use
of these including using the key in the options widget to be the proper
enumeration key.  A new page in the product store setup to support
indicating which credit card types are available as form of payment in the
product store.  Finally impact analysis to make sure that there is not code
that is making use of the key and has the expectation that it is "Visa"
instead of "CCT_VISA".

The other option I considered was modeling each credit card as a separate
payment method.  This would allow us to have different services for each of
the credit cards but force a change in how the ecommerce payment method /
credit card is selected.

Thoughts?

Re: Product Store credit card payment setting restrictions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Bob,

Did you finally implement this ? If you dit, maybe you could consider opening a Jira issue and submit a patch ?

Jacques

From: "Bob Morley" <rm...@emforium.com>