Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Sandro Guimarães de Brito <sg...@hotmail.com> on 2019/11/27 10:12:57 UTC

Action for selected items

Hi all,

I didn’t find any examples on how to present a collection (list of items), allow the user to select only some of them, and to execute an Action which will be applied only to the selected ones.

Is it possible to be done?

Thanks

Re: Action for selected items

Posted by Jayesh Prajapati <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This is possible using view model but not with domain objects.

Thanks,
Jayesh

AW: Action for selected items

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Sandro,

Your use case is, in fact, supported: you need to
use @Action(associateWith=...), see [1].

For example, suppose we have a "removeItems(…)" action:

public class Order {

    @Collection
    SortedSet<OrderItem> getItems() { ... }

    @Action(associateWith="items", associateWithSequence="2")
    public Order removeItems(SortedSet<OrderItem> items) { ... }
}

The Wicket viewer will then render the "items" collection with checkboxes,
and any selected items will be used as the pre-selected set of items if the
action is invoked

Stephen is correct that bulk actions can also be used, but that feature has
been deprecated and will be removed in v2.0, in favour of using view model
as manager, along with @Action(associateWith=...), as described above.

HTH
Dan

[1]