Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Wess Bechard <sp...@eliquid.com> on 2004/07/23 15:35:35 UTC

Mailscanner + SA + Postfix

This post may be a little off-topic, but I don't know where else I can
ask.

I am running Mailscanner 4.31.6, SA 2.63, and Postfix 2.0.20.

Mailscanner is doing a great job with RBL, Spamassassin, and ClamAV.  My
only problem is the speed at which outgoing mail is recieved.

When sending mail through my server, postfix checks the pop-before-smtp
hash immediately, then sits for about 10 seconds before the mail gets
recieved and processed.  This delay happens for everyone, different
clients, OS, and location.

Would anyone happen to know what causes this delay?

Also, what are the recommended RBL's (Most stable, updated) to use with
SpamAssassin/Mailscanner?

Thanks!