Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sergio Pérez Felipe <se...@medallia.com> on 2021/12/24 08:23:02 UTC

Glue avro schema registry with flink and kafka for any object

I am trying to registry and serialize an abject with flink, kafka, glue and
avro. I've seen this method which I'm trying.

Schema schema = parser.parse(new File("path/to/avro/file"));
GlueSchemaRegistryAvroSerializationSchema<GenericRecord> test=
GlueSchemaRegistryAvroSerializationSchema.forGeneric(schema, topic,
configs);
FlinkKafkaProducer<GenericRecord> producer = new
FlinkKafkaProducer<GenericRecord>(
                kafkaTopic,
                test,
                properties);

My problem is that this system doesn't allow to include an object different
than *GenericRecord*, the object that I want to send is another and is very
big. So big that is too complex to transform to GenericRecord.

I don't find too much documentation. How can I send an object different
than GenericRecord, or any way to include my object inside GenericRecord?

--
Confidentiality Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to

--

<http://www.medallia.com/gartner-report/?source=Marketing%20-%20Email&utm_campaign=FY22Q4_NA_Gartner_MQ_VoC_Campaign&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-signature&utm_content=report&utm_term=medallia-named-a-leader>