Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alvin Wang <xw...@qtechservices.com> on 2002/05/03 16:05:48 UTC

Urgent.. Please help me

Hi! I have an urgent question. Could any guru help me to diagnosis it?

I'm using tomcat 4.0. My servlet gets the DataSource from JNDI. However, it
raise the following exception:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name java:comp is not bound in this
Context
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:811)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:194)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:350)

That means the the whole "java:comp" cannot be found, which I think should
have nothing to do with my DataSource resource setup in my web application
context. Also I use

       javax.naming.NamingEnumeration ne = initCtx.list("");

I found there is nothing under JNDI root.

I think there is much some configuration not right. Can any gurus help?
thanks so much!

Alvin

Re: Urgent.. Please help me

Posted by James Williamson <ja...@nameonthe.net>.
Are you using the WARP connector by any chance?

Regards,

James Williamson
www.nameonthe.net
UK Tomcat Hosting

Re: Urgent.. Please help me

Posted by Giorgio Ponza <gi...@opla.it>.
please send some more, like the db JNDI definition,
i think is only a name problem
GIorgio