Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@apache.org> on 2000/05/11 02:13:13 UTC

Marketing info? Am I LAME or what? :)

My CEO is asking me who is using Cocoon in kinda production
environments, (marketing shit, he tried to explain, but i didn't get
it)...
Who's using Cocoon (1.x, obviously) in a production environment?
Is there some public "url" that can be seen?
Thanks...

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

RE: Marketing info? Am I LAME or what? :)

Posted by Ismael Ghalimi <gh...@exoffice.com>.
You really should remove the 'ig' I guess... Or you're talking about an
other 'ig' may be :-)))

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 12 May 2000, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > also, many are working with the alpha Cocoon2 but never report anything
> > back (is it stable? then it's not an alpha anymore!)
>
> I thought there were a battle plan for what had to be included before
> beta...??
>
> > Pier was supposed to add the matching architecture (which takes half
> > an hour to implement, I'm sure) but never did.... hey, guys, wake
> > up!!!!!!!
>
> ZzZzZzZzz....
>
> > Nothing to say about coding, but as a community coordinator Pier sucks
> > big time :)
>
> Open Source is based on merits, right??  The right person for the job,
> and perhaps Pier doesn't have <strong>that</strong> skill.

No, I think he does, he's just withholding it from us because he is mean,
mean, mean is Pier. Mean like angry iguana. Or maybe lazy, lazy, lazy like
hippopotamus. Or maybe he just doesn't _like_ us anymore. :(

:)

- donald

Re: Marketing info? Am I LAME or what? :)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@localbar.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> also, many are working with the alpha Cocoon2 but never report anything
> back (is it stable? then it's not an alpha anymore!)

I thought there were a battle plan for what had to be included before beta...??

> Pier was supposed to add the matching architecture (which takes half an
> hour to implement, I'm sure) but never did.... hey, guys, wake up!!!!!!!

ZzZzZzZzz....

> Nothing to say about coding, but as a community coordinator Pier sucks
> big time :)

Open Source is based on merits, right??  The right person for the job, and perhaps Pier
doesn't have <strong>that</strong> skill.

Niclas

Re: Marketing info? Am I LAME or what? :)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Mike Pogue wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > Mike Pogue wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey, if you fire him, he can come over here, and make me some coffee... :-)
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > P.S.  In case you haven't noticed yet, I have some folks in my IBM group now starting to
> > > work on/help out with Cocoon/FOP/PDF, ultimately as a replacement for Stylebook.  We're
> > > primarily interested in static generation of this stuff (a la Stylebook), but I have some
> > > ideas for how to use the dynamic stuff as well (it's a secret! :-).
> >
> > It seems I've been thrown out of Cocoon2 development. :)
>
> Not at all.  I'm just adding to your customer base!

Great :)

> > I ask Pier and he tells me: later, I have a surprise. Then here it comes
> > Mike with his IBM cavarly and has secret ideas on how to use the dynamic
> > stuff...
> >
> > "in case you haven't noticed yet", how could I know?
>
> The clue was: some of the IBM folks are asking questions on the Cocoon list!
> We're going to be a Real User of Cocoon and FOP shortly.  It's coming along nicely
> so far (faster than I expected!).  Expect to see some PDF results in the next
> couple of weeks. I think you'll be impressed (I am, and it's not done yet!).

Gee, I hate surprises!

> > also, many are working with the alpha Cocoon2 but never report anything
> > back (is it stable? then it's not an alpha anymore!)
>
> We'll certainly report any problems we find.

Awesome.

> > Pier was supposed to add the matching architecture (which takes half an
> > hour to implement, I'm sure) but never did.... hey, guys, wake up!!!!!!!
> >
> > Nothing to say about coding, but as a community coordinator Pier sucks
> > big time :)
>
> Now, now... be nice to Pier... we didn't tell him about everything that
> we were working on...  :-) :-)

Nice to Pier? no way, you should know this being his previous boss: you
have to kick him hard in his ass, otherwise he sleeps all day. Not
telling that now Federico lives with him... no, wait, I know what it is:
girls :)

Isn't it Pier? :) eh eh eh

che stronzo che sono :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Marketing info? Am I LAME or what? :)

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ismael Ghalimi <gh...@exoffice.com>.

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
Hey, if you fire him, he can come over here, and make me some coffee... :-)

Mike

P.S.  In case you haven't noticed yet, I have some folks in my IBM group now starting to
work on/help out with Cocoon/FOP/PDF, ultimately as a replacement for Stylebook.  We're
primarily interested in static generation of this stuff (a la Stylebook), but I have some
ideas for how to use the dynamic stuff as well (it's a secret! :-).

As far as I am concerned, Apache is a production environment, and so ultimately we'll be
using Cocoon/FOP in such a production environment (not quite there yet, though).  And,
once we're using it, I'll probably get the ICU team over at DeveloperWorks to do it, too
(don't tell them I told you this! :-)...

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 02:06:24PM -0700, Keith Visco wrote:
> LOL...actually I replied because I know he reads the list. My CEO loves
> me, I think I'll send him across El Camino to get me some coffee.

ROFL. Now *that's* the kind of working environment I like. Hold on,
I'm the director here. Damn.

> I think Cocoon 2 references are actually more pertinent to my CEO's
> concerns since it's Cocoon 2 that Exoffice is sponsoring or funding or
> helping to fund or whatever they are doing. I'm not sure why he asked
> about 1.x. I'll have to fire him. :-)

Well that's handy. I'm churning sites out using cocoon2 at the moment
(using the static generation module HINT HINT PIER!!!) so you'll have
some URLs 'real soon now'.

Re: Apache down??

Posted by David Marshall <dm...@vmguys.com>.
Brian wrote:

>         Can someone confirm for me whether Apache is down??

I'm getting "Connection refused"...

--
David Marshall       mailto:dmarshall@vmguys.com
VM Systems, Inc.           http://www.vmguys.com

Re: Apache down??

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Brian wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>         Can someone confirm for me whether Apache is down??
>
>                                         Brian

Yes, we are experiencing technical difficulties after a machine
reboot.... sorry for this.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Apache down??

Posted by Brian <gi...@dipswitch.penguinpowered.com>.
Hello all,

	Can someone confirm for me whether Apache is down??

					Brian

---------------------------------
Brian Gilman
Scientific Programmer
WhiteHead Institute
MIT

Typo in "installing.xml"

Posted by Richard Hieber <Ri...@wwl.de>.
Hi,

the docs of the latest CVS version of Cocoon 1.7.4-dev suddenly won't build
on my system (Win98-1, JDK 1.3.0).

I already - blindly - had prepared the stack trace for posting, when I saw
the obvious cause myself ;-)

In "installing.xml" there is a typo in

   <tdApache 1.3.11></td>

which should rather be

Ciao,
Richard
--
Richard Hieber              richard.hieber@wwl.de
Online Programmierer

WWL Internet AG                     http://wwl.de
Südwestpark 60        Tel: ++49/ 911/ 688 667 302
D-90449 Nürnberg      Fax: ++49/ 911/ 688 667  19

Re: Marketing info? Am I LAME or what? :)

Posted by Keith Visco <kv...@exoffice.com>.

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 05:32:19PM -0700, Keith Visco wrote:
> Yes you are lame! :-)  That guy asked me the same stuff, not for Cocoon
> of course, but I just ignored him. :-)

It was at this point, boys and girls, that Mr Visco realises his CEO
reads cocoon-dev, and promptly gets himself sacked ;-)

> > Who's using Cocoon (1.x, obviously) in a production environment?

I'm using Cocoon 2 in a 'kinda production environment' (in that it's
the offline module I'm using, not the servlet) if that's any help.

> > Is there some public "url" that can be seen?

Not yet, should be up by the middle of next week at the latest.

Posted by Keith Visco <kv...@exoffice.com>.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
there are a few sites in the livesites file, dummy. i have a slew of
sites that are inaccessible from the internet as a whole (intranets and
the like).

- donald

Posted by Mark Washeim <es...@canuck.com>.
on 11/5/00 2:13 am, Pier P. Fumagalli at pier@apache.org wrote:

> My CEO is asking me who is using Cocoon in kinda production
> environments, (marketing shit, he tried to explain, but i didn't get
> it)...
> Who's using Cocoon (1.x, obviously) in a production environment?
> Is there some public "url" that can be seen?
> Thanks...
>
> Pier

Right now, it's being used in the production of www.saab.com and
www.eurofootball.com.

There aren't any public uri's directly generated by cocoon, live, but you
can point him at a prototype that will be live, soon which is using cocoon.

http://gw.largemedium.com:8011/htdocs/sweden/human_resources/

I think it's open, let me know if it's passwd protected.

We've been using xerces and xalan directly for almost 6 months.

As soon as I have things coming out of production onto public machines, I'll
let the list know. Trying to build some momentum myself...

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'