Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/02/15 10:23:08 UTC

some remnants of old JaxpParser

Now that we are using the JaxpParser from Excalibur,
i expected to see no mention of the old parser in the
logfiles upon Cocoon startup.
 grep "shorthand xml-parser" core.log
reveals some log entries as expected from the new role.
However
 grep "shorthand parser" core.log
also reveals some entries from the old role, which i did
not expect.

changes.xml ...

RE: some remnants of old JaxpParser

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
> David Crossley wrote:
>

> OK now that is a non-issue, i can say that the Entity Resolver
> is still happy after the move to Excalibur JaxpParser.

Great to hear this!

Thanks David.

Carsten

Re: some remnants of old JaxpParser

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >
> >  <snip/>
> > Perhaps i did not express myself clearly. I am trying to
> > verify that the Catalog Entity Resolver is still functioning
> > properly after the move to Excalibur JaxpParser.
> >
> > When i look at the startup logs, then there is one mention
> > of the old role "shorthand resolver" (which then uses the
> > old parser role "shorthand parser"). This entry is then
> > followed by two mentions of the new resolver role
> > "shorthand entity-resolver" (which use the new parser
> > role "shorthand xml-parser").
> >
> > I cannot find where the first entry (using the old resolver
> > and old parser) are coming from, and so why there is
> > a mixture of old and new.
>
> The old roles (resolver and parser) are still in the cocoon.roles
> for compatibility , so when this roles file is parsed by the component
> manager, it immediately creates a pool for the old components as
> they are poolable. So, the messages will still appear in the logs -
> the only solution to avoid them is to remove the Poolable marker
> from the components.
>
> Carsten

Thanks for explaining that Carsten. You would not believe
how long i have pondered over the meaning of those startup
log messages.

OK now that is a non-issue, i can say that the Entity Resolver
is still happy after the move to Excalibur JaxpParser.
--David

RE: some remnants of old JaxpParser

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.