Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gopi Mandava <go...@comanage.com> on 2002/12/10 18:50:58 UTC

Problem running in Tomcat 4.1.2 - works fine in 4.0

Hi,

I'm trying to port my application to 4.1.2 from 4.0. I added my application
context to the server.xml file. When I try to access any of my servlets, I
get an error page with "The requested resource /xpm/servlet/MyServlet not
available" message.

I set up a simple application with just the "HelloWorld" servlet and when I
try to access it, I get the same resource not available exception. This
works fine in my Tomcat 4.0 setup. I use the same URL:
http://localhost:8080/test/servlet/Hello

Here is the web.xml I used in both cases:

----------------------------

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>
     <display-name>My Web Application</display-name>

	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>Hello</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>Hello</servlet-class>
	</servlet>
</web-app>

Do I have to add anything extra to web.xml in 4.1.2 to make it work?

Thanks,
Gopi