Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/02/07 23:11:12 UTC

Setting up CloudStack to use XenServer with iSCSI

Hi everyone,

I noticed a while back that when I tried to create iSCSI-based Primary
Storage for a XenServer Cluster that the operation failed.

The way I got around this was to go into XenCenter, create a storage
repository based on my iSCSI target, and then go into CloudStack and create
a PreSetup-based Primary Storage.

Does anyone know why I had to take this PreSetup approach for XenServer?
 Is there no way for CloudStack to call into XenServer to do this work for
me?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Setting up CloudStack to use XenServer with iSCSI

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Great...thanks for that info, Anthony!

Posted by Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com>.

--
Advancing the way the world uses the cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>(tm)

Re: Setting up CloudStack to use XenServer with iSCSI

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hey Alex,

[...]

Most CSPs have their own GUIs that talk to CS.  If I could get them to make

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Mike,

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.