Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Don Don <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/08 13:54:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Invalid method in request \x80=\x01\x03

Hi all am getting the follow error when an https request is made to a server confugired with apache2 with SSL support.  I am trying to understand what cuases this error  has anyone come across this before ?

cheers

---------------------------------
The fish are biting.

Re: [users@httpd] Invalid method in request \x80=\x01\x03

Posted by Jens Schoenershoven <je...@kippdata.de>.
> Hi,
>
> Don Don wrote:
>> Hi all am getting the follow error when an https request is made to a
>> server confugired with apache2 with SSL support.  I am trying to
>> understand what cuases this error  has anyone come across this before ?
>
> You are trying to access your web server with HTTPS but it is configured
> for HTTP.  You'll need to follow the manual on configuring SSL,
> otherwise post the relevant parts of your config so we can work out
> what's going wrong.
>

> 				Neil.

Maybe he tries to use the same port for HTTPS and HTTP :)
Have a look at your Listen Directives.

Re: [users@httpd] Invalid method in request \x80=\x01\x03

Posted by "Neil A. Hillard" <ne...@agustawestland.com>.
Hi,

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.