Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/11/10 21:15:16 UTC

a couple API questions

1. Is there a way to query the API to see what version of ambari the server is running?  This would make auto-negotiation in the client easy, so it can automatically account for version differences.  If this doesn't exist, I can open a JIRA to have it added.  We have a dev on the team that is planning on doing some contributions to the server code soon.
2. Is there any documentation of user privileges?  Like, how do I add privileges to a new user via the API?  What privileges are possible to assign (maybe this is retrievable via a different URL)?

If there's an easier way to find this information, let me know so I can just look there in the future.  I can't seem to find any authoritative source in the code for what URLs exist and what parameters they expect, but maybe I just am searching for the wrong thing.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Re: a couple API questions

Posted by "Jain, Saurabh" <sa...@alethelabs.com>.
For point # 2 - There is open Jira issue :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-4963

Regards,
Saurabh

Re: a couple API questions