Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Devaraj Das <dd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/02/04 19:53:37 UTC

Getting remote client's IP address

Hi,
I am trying to get the remote client's IP address in the case of TSocket and TSaslServerTransport transports, in my implementation of TProcessor.process(TProtocol, TProtocol).
For TSocket, I am able to do ((TSocket)inProt.getTransport()).getSocket().getInetAddress() to get the remote client's IP address. But am not able to do the same when the transport is TSaslServerTransport.
Upon looking at the TSaslServerTransport code briefly, it doesn't seem straightforward. Any suggestions on whether and how this can be achieved would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Devaraj