Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Marcelo Magno <mm...@blumar.com.br> on 2003/06/05 18:48:33 UTC

Performance

	I am in a need of some performance results to put on my final project documentation, I saw the page http://db.apache.org/ojb/performance.html, but what I need is some general results just to ilustrate how much OJB looses in performance against the good features it brings to the development enviroment.

	Because OJB just up one level on of abstaction, this has some implications on performance, IMHO its clearly acceptable, but I need to put some table of performances to ilustrate this.

	Thanks in advance,
	MMAGNO

Re: Performance

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo Magno wrote:
> I am in a need of some performance results to put on my final project
> documentation, I saw the page
> http://db.apache.org/ojb/performance.html, but what I need is some
> general results just to ilustrate how much OJB looses in performance
> against the good features it brings to the development enviroment.
>
> Because OJB just up one level on of abstaction, this has some
> implications on performance, IMHO its clearly acceptable, but I need
> to put some table of performances to ilustrate this.

That's what you get when you execute the ant target "performance"!
You get performance results for CRUD operations comparing OJB
PersistenceBroker and ODMG API against native JDBC performance.

Just drag the results into an excel sheet and draw your charts!

cheers,
Thomas