Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Diego Castillo <di...@inexbee.com> on 2003/02/21 11:35:51 UTC

RE : gets stuck in foreign class methods while in the custom mailet

Will this improved classloading include hot deployment of new libraries?

My custom mailets instantiate some classes whose names are extracted
from a configuration file. The configuration may change at runtime and
the mailets detect it. If the classnames are updated, the mailets try to
instantiate the new classes. If these were not included in james.sar
when James was started, I get a ClassNotFoundException and I need to
reboot James. I could avoid this if the James classloader refreshed the
mailet classpath dynamically by inspecting a lib directory somewhere.

I guess I am not the only one facing this limitation...

Regards,

Diego