Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Simon <ps...@chestnut.org> on 2000/11/06 22:48:57 UTC

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/Main

Would anyone have any ideas on why I am getting this error when running:

/jakarta-tomcat# sh build.sh

This is Slackware.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/Main

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Paul Simon wrote:

> Would anyone have any ideas on why I am getting this error when running:
>
> /jakarta-tomcat# sh build.sh
>
> This is Slackware.
>
> Thanks in advance.

The most likely cause is that you do not have Ant installed (and built)
where the script thinks it is (../jakarta-ant relative to where your Tomcat
sources are).  The README file in the top level directory has detailed
instructions on what has to be where.

Craig McClanahan