Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Oli <ol...@postea.com> on 2011/03/28 15:40:57 UTC

ActiveMq broker stops receiving messages

I have a setup where 2 instances of an application run on seperate machines.
The applications are java applications created as projects in NetBeans.

I am using an ActiveMQConnectionFactory for a peer group connection, using
the following connection string:
"peer://groupA/MachineName?persistent=true".

Each instance (machine) then sets up a connection to send and receive from
the same topic using camel routes, and the connection string:
"jms:topic:TOPICNAME?clientId=ID&durableSubscriptionName=SubscriptionName".

I set the system up so that a loop runs on each machine, sending one
messages to the topic every 10 seconds. This all works well for a while,
i.e. both applications send and receive each others messages without any
problems, but after a while one of the machines completely stops receiving
messages from the other machine, whilst still being able to send messages
without any problems. If I then shut down the applications and restart, the
missing messages are all read without problems from the topic.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

I am using activemq v. 5.4.2 and camel v. 2.4.0 in my application. One of
the applications is running on Vista, and the other one on XP.

Oli