Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Brian Wong <bw...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/07 23:27:09 UTC

DCC Whitelist and SpamAssassin

I have DCC working with SpamAssassin. What I want to do is skip DCC
checks on internal mail. I figure that the way to do this with
'dccproc' is to pass it the '-w whiteclnt' parameter. It doesnt seem
that SpamAssassin passes this parameter when i list it within the
'dcc_options' line in SA's local.cf.

I noticed that the allowed characters passed to 'dcc_options' would
imply that it will not accept this whitelist option. I went ahead and
configured the dccifd(8) daemon, thinking that the daemon will honor
its whitelist. I had SA talk to this daemon through the socket yet I
still see the DCC_CHECK test being run.

I am using SA with Amavisd-new if it makes any difference. Does anyone
have a working SA/DCC setup with DCC whitelisting working? I am sure I
am doing something wrong. Skipping comparisons on internal mail will
save a great deal of overhead.