Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dominique Collette <do...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/30 16:43:29 UTC

[ejb] verification plugins/tools?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of, uses or has used a maven plugin or other
tool that validates an ejb before it is actually deployed?

We're currently running JBoss, with a relatively large number of ejb's
gathered from the maven repo. Unfortunately, we currently do not have the
means to verify if they're well formed until we actually try to deploy them.
At the moment, I do that by running a maven goal which deploys the
application and then grep the jboss logs for things like 'EJB Spec
Violation'.

I'd like to be able to validate an ejb before putting it on the repository
so users can trust that what's on the repo will deploy.

Can checkstyle do something like this?

Is there an equivalent to BEA's ejbc/appc out there? (...in maven plugin
form... *wishful thinking* ;-)

Thanks a bunch,
/Dom.

RE: [ejb] verification plugins/tools?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
That would be a nice addition to the jboss plugin. We could add a new
"jboss:verify" goal that runs the JBoss verifier. Would you fancy adding
this Dominique? :-)

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.