Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com> on 2004/06/15 16:25:55 UTC

data source problem

hi;
i have a wierd problem which i have encountered twice with hosting company,
un my application, i have a datasource configured in my application scope
(context scope).
on a standalone tomcat everything is fine, i get the datasource and work
with it.

however, with two hosting companies, i had the exception below:

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.jav
a:529)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:3
12)

there are numorous thread regarding this but no one answer, many directions
and answer.
i would very much appreciate if someone explain the typical cases that this
can happen.
looking at the DBCP code is looks like the driver attribute is null. this is
strange because the same configuration works on my development tomcat. also,
i assume that the driver class i am looking for (connector j of mysql) is in
the common/lib (i cant see it cause i am in a shared hosting environment but
i told them to put it there)
thanks in advance

Guy Katz
Allot Communications