Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/21 21:50:41 UTC

Re: Namespace support

Things do tend to slip through the cracks sometimes - there are only
so many hours to work on this stuff and you really have to prioritize
your time as I'm sure a lot of the development being done right now
takes 5x more effort/time in planning/thinking about design than
whatever people see in the commit logs..

but,  this namespace issue does look popular enough that we might want
to at least acknowledge its existence or something similar.

The one issue with patches has 11 votes and 8 watchers,  which is
pretty high for your avergage jira issue.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1600

The other jira item that it is duplicated by has an even larger 12
votes and 13 watchers:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1621

In fact,  if you look at the "popular issues" tab in jira you will
find that despite what we already know about people wanting ajax
support (which is probably higher in popularity than this one),  the
xml namespace support is currently the most important issue according
to what the community thinks..

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:popularissues-panel

Just thinking that for whoever is working on T5 stuff it might be good
to try and balance out the regular dev plan / goals with occasional
peaks at some of these jira features that allow you to get a realistic
feeling of what developers really want as well so that people don't
get angry thinking that they are being ignored.

(obviously all the usual caveats such as I don't know what's going on
in T5 anyways and it's all a lot of hard / free work and this should
be taken with a grain salt,  just adding observations)

On Dec 21, 2007 2:29 PM, Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> We've been using it in production and looks great!!
>
> PS - I keep asking about the XML/Namespace support and i keep being
> ignored.. is there a particular reason for this?  What do I have to do
> to get a discussion on XML/Namespace support going?  I already have a
> patch, but no one has even commented on that, except for a few people
> that have been using it.
>

> Kevin Menard wrote:
> > +1 (non-binding)
> >

> > On 12/21/07 10:48 AM, in article
> > ecd0e3310712210748p74303afeu8c869464e0b57b62@mail.gmail.com, "Howard Lewis
> > Ship" <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Tapestry 5 has really been coming along  and I think it's high time to
> >> get a fresh preview release out.  5.0.7 has some significant advances
> >> in client-side validation and finally starts to introduce the Ajax
> >> support that's been promised for so long.
> >>
> >> Vote to run for three days.
> >>
> >> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry / OGNL / Dojo team member/developer