Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2004/07/07 04:27:27 UTC

[site] Current Site Publication Process

HOWTO Publish the Avalon Website:

1. Use SVN to checkout the site source:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/trunk/central/site

2. Edit the XML documentation source

3. Rebuild the website using magic (ie- run 'ant')

4. Check out the current live site from

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/site

5. Copy your changes from /central/site/target/docs to avalon/site

6. Commit your changes to both the XML source and the generated
    HTML (avalon/site) to SVN

7. An hourly cron job will do an 'svn update' and publish whatever
    is in

      https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/site

    to the public website.

See also:  http://wiki.apache.org/excalibur/WebsiteManagement

Enjoy!

jaaron

Re: [site] Current Site Publication Process

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> J Aaron Farr wrote:
>

>> 7. An hourly cron job will do an 'svn update' and publish whatever
>>    is in
>

> Huston ... we have a problem.
> The cron job does not appear to be doing anything.
> Steve.

Okay, I manually updated the site and I think the cron job should be
working now.

To manually update, go to /www/avalon.apache.org and issue a 'svn
update' command.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anton Tagunov <at...@list.ru>.
Hi, all!

JAF> 5. Copy your changes from /central/site/target/docs to avalon/site

JAF> 6. Commit your changes to both the XML source and the generated
JAF>     HTML (avalon/site) to SVN

svn redbook mentioned some script like copydirs.pl (or alike)
in the section on "vendor branches". This script is said to
be able to compare two directory trees and automatically
issue needed 'svn delete' and 'svn copy' commands to handle
moved (less relevant to our case) and deleted (quite relevant)
directories. Perhaps it can help handle the case when generated
files (HTML) is kept in svn

cheers,
Anton