Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Goyal, Ritu (Ritu)" <ri...@avaya.com> on 2004/05/21 23:17:00 UTC

Error when starting tomcat with 2.3 TDK

Hi,

I installed 2.3 TDK, and when I start the Tomcat, I get the following
error. Is there something I can do to get around this?

Tomcat does start eventually, but I get this error thrown every time.

Thanks,

Ritu..

(org.apache.commons.digester.D

igester).

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone

Apache Tomcat/4.1.29

WebappClassLoader:
validateJarFile(C:\tdk-2.3_01\webapps\newapp\WEB-INF\lib\serv

let.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2.
Offending class:

 javax/servlet/Servlet.class

[FATAL] Turbine - -Turbine: init() failed:
<java.io.FileNotFoundException: Coul

d not open file
C:\tdk-2.3_01\webapps\newapp\WEB-INF\conf\TurbineResources.prope

rties>java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not open file
C:\tdk-2.3_01\webapps\n

ewapp\WEB-INF\conf\TurbineResources.properties

        at
org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration.getPropertyS

tream(PropertiesConfiguration.java:263)

        at
org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration.load(Propert

iesConfiguration.java:168)

        at
org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration.<init>(Prope

rtiesConfiguration.java:147)

        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.configure(Turbine.java:351)

        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:230)

        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.

java:935)

RE: Error when starting tomcat with 2.3 TDK

Posted by David Demner <tu...@demner.com>.
Hi Ritu,

Did you follow the instructions on the TDK Tutorial exactly?  It looks like
you might have missed the 'ant init' step from WEB-INF\build.

David