Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2009/06/16 11:46:49 UTC

[QPID-1754] QMF Agent bin packaging

Hi Ted & Bryan,

Great to see the QMF addition on the Java side.

I was wondering how you run it? There is no bin directory in the
package (which causes 'ant release-bin' to fail) but the build.xml has
a new property module.main which is your Main class.

Do you have some additional tooling that you use to run the Java QMF Agent?

Would be good to ensure that we sort out the packaging now rather than
when we are trying to perform the 0.6 release as a number of
components failed to be packaged for 0.5 as there was not time to sort
it out.

I know we had the discussion about where to put the code, I had
thought that the consensus was to keep the directory structure as it
is which I took to mean putting the new Qpid Management Agent in the
management directory?

Regards

Martin

--
Martin Ritchie

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: [QPID-1754] QMF Agent bin packaging

Posted by Bryan Kearney <bk...@redhat.com>.
Martin Ritchie wrote:
> Hi Ted & Bryan,
>
> Great to see the QMF addition on the Java side.
>
> I was wondering how you run it? There is no bin directory in the
> package (which causes 'ant release-bin' to fail) but the build.xml has
> a new property module.main which is your Main class.
>
> Do you have some additional tooling that you use to run the Java QMF Agent?
>
> Would be good to ensure that we sort out the packaging now rather than
> when we are trying to perform the 0.6 release as a number of
> components failed to be packaged for 0.5 as there was not time to sort
> it out.
>
> I know we had the discussion about where to put the code, I had
> thought that the consensus was to keep the directory structure as it
> is which I took to mean putting the new Qpid Management Agent in the
> management directory?
>
> Regards
>
> Martin

Martin:

I have been assuming it would be embedded in an IOC container. I have
some instructions for JBoss here:

http://kearneyville.com/2009/06/12/accessing-jboss-session-beans-from-python-using-qmf/

which I would be willing to turn into wiki doco if you like. My hope is
to get the jboss deployer in "real soon" which will bring up another
packaging discussion.. where to put container specific code?

I will open a bug and submit a patch about moving the agent into
management. Is that the preferred directory name?

-- bk

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org