Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2005/03/17 03:06:18 UTC

is something wrong with the perl.apache.org styles?

I'm not sure if it's me who have upgraded to the latest mozilla or did
something change at http://perl.apache.org, as it now looks really bad:
http://apache.org/~stas/snap.png

Allan, do you see the same problem as I do?

Re: is something wrong with the perl.apache.org styles?

Posted by Ofer Nave <on...@shopzilla.com>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

> Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 21:06 -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure if it's me who have upgraded to the latest mozilla or
>>> did something change at http://perl.apache.org, as it now looks
>>> really bad:
>>> http://apache.org/~stas/snap.png
>>

>> Looks the same as it always has to me.  I use Firefox.
>

> You mean like in my snapshot? Or just fine?

I have Firefox 1.01 on Win2k.  Just looked at your snapshot, as well as
the web page in your snapshot.  Your snapshot is messed up.  The web
page looks fine in my browser, though.

Don't have Mozilla installed, or I'd test it for you.

-ofer

Re: is something wrong with the perl.apache.org styles?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:22:21AM -0500, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 23:59 -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>
>>>You mean like in my snapshot? Or just fine?
>>
>>Your snapshot has a slightly larger gap between the top of the curve on
>>the left and the top blue bars, but otherwise it looks the same.  This
>>is on Linux.  I opened Konqueror, and the bars do seem to be aligned
>>with the curve there, but otherwise all is about the same.  Sorry, I'm
>>not sure what it was supposed to look like.  I don't remember it looking
>>different in the past.
>

> It's firefox.  I'll attach two screen shots.

Well I have the mozilla and firefox, both cutting edge versions and both
show the same. I guess they use the same rendering engine.

> One odd thing, is my fonts are much smaller than in your screen shot.
> Some web pages show that way for me -- I assume it's my setup, but
> nothing looks odd.  Fonts are somewhat of a mystery to me under
> Linux, though.

Yes, as my last inspiron has died, I just got a new notebook with
1920x1200 resolution, so I have to use bigger fonts to be able to see
things :) So I'm on 16 and not 12.

Re: is something wrong with the perl.apache.org styles?

Posted by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org>.
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:22:21AM -0500, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 23:59 -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
> > You mean like in my snapshot? Or just fine?
>
> Your snapshot has a slightly larger gap between the top of the curve on
> the left and the top blue bars, but otherwise it looks the same.  This
> is on Linux.  I opened Konqueror, and the bars do seem to be aligned
> with the curve there, but otherwise all is about the same.  Sorry, I'm
> not sure what it was supposed to look like.  I don't remember it looking
> different in the past.

It's firefox.  I'll attach two screen shots.

One odd thing, is my fonts are much smaller than in your screen shot.
Some web pages show that way for me -- I assume it's my setup, but
nothing looks odd.  Fonts are somewhat of a mystery to me under
Linux, though.

moseley@laptop:~$ fgrep font .mozilla/default/i0ur71er.slt/prefs.js
user_pref("font.default", "sans-serif");
user_pref("font.minimum-size.x-western", 0);
user_pref("font.name.cursive.x-western", "serif");
user_pref("font.name.fantasy.x-western", "serif");
user_pref("font.name.monospace.x-western", "monospace");
user_pref("font.name.sans-serif.x-western", "sans-serif");
user_pref("font.name.serif.x-western", "serif");
user_pref("font.size.variable.x-western", 12);

And I don't see anything in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf or /etc/fonts/local.conf

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org

Re: is something wrong with the perl.apache.org styles?

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 23:59 -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
> You mean like in my snapshot? Or just fine?

Your snapshot has a slightly larger gap between the top of the curve on
the left and the top blue bars, but otherwise it looks the same.  This
is on Linux.  I opened Konqueror, and the bars do seem to be aligned
with the curve there, but otherwise all is about the same.  Sorry, I'm
not sure what it was supposed to look like.  I don't remember it looking
different in the past.

- Perrin

Re: is something wrong with the perl.apache.org styles?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.