Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/12 04:31:47 UTC

importing into hbase 0.20.4

Hi,
We may upgrade to hbase 0.20.4 after it is released.

This means we will have to export from hbase 0.20.1 and import into hbase
0.20.4

Has anybody gone through this path ?

Thanks

Re: importing into hbase 0.20.4

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Well it's hard to go through this path since it's not released yet ;)

So we didn't change the file format in 0.20.4 (and probably won't for
0.21 too FWIW), so the only thing you have to do is to deploy the
release somewhere and replace hbase-site.xml + hbase-env.sh, then you
can restart HBase and that's all. In the mean time I recommend
upgrading your servers to 0.20.3

It will be the same procedure for hadoop.

J-D