Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/02/05 04:23:01 UTC

TLDs not included in maven build of struts-taglib jar

After deploying then struts-mailreader app, built with maven, the
/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld could not be found. In fact, neither the built
'struts-mailreader' directory or war file contained any of the
struts-taglib tlds; but the struts-taglib.jar file was included in the
WEB-INF/lib. Perhaps we should change the mailreader app so the TLDs can
be pulled from the jar. (Coincidentally, the TLDs are not be included in
the struts-taglib.jar)

-Bill Siggelkow

Re: TLDs not included in maven build of struts-taglib jar

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
Martin Cooper wrote:

> I'm +1 on using the packaged taglibs mechanism in the samples.
> Unfortunately, we'll still need to provide the TLDs as separate files
> with the taglib subproject, so that people will not be forced to
> change all their own apps.

Hmm .. I see how the maven.xml uses XSL to create the TLDs -- (very
clever I might add). How would we want to package the taglib separately
outside of the jar? Or would we just provide instructions on where to
find the TLDs within the jar (they are located in the META-INF/tlds dir).

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.