Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by SolrUser1543 <os...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/09 20:26:47 UTC

Document versioning support

Suppose I have a text field called "myTextField" .
Sometimes the field content may change . I would like to have all versions
of this field be indexed in Solr .

What I want to do , is to make 'myTextField' contain the latest version of
the content and create additional multivalued field  called
'myTextField_history' which will contain all previous versions .

In this way I can make a boost on 'myTextField' during a search and also
have all versions be indexed and also to know what version is the latest .

Does Solr has some build in mechanism which can do the same ? Or my solution
is good enough ?