Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dani <mc...@wanadoo.es> on 2003/04/15 11:24:16 UTC

selecting an option - how to?

I have the code below:

    <select name="zonas_codigo" size="1" class="formulario">
            <logic:iterate id="listaZonas" name="listaZonas"
scope="request">
               <option value="<bean:write name="listaZonas"
property="codigo"/>"><bean:write name="listaZonas"
property="nombre"/></option>
          </logic:iterate>
    </select>

I want to select (with SELECTED html label) an option making a comparison
with the option code saved in the request.

How can i do that? Must I use bean:write bundle property ?? I can't find any
reference about my problem in the documentation. Thanks

Re: selecting an option - how to?

Posted by David Chelimsky <da...@chelimsky.org>.
Dani,

I've not tried to select a single option like this, but I did select
multiple options from a multi-select box using the struts form tags:

<bean:define id="options" name="myForm" property="options"
type="java.util.Collection" />
                    multiple="true"
                    property="selectedOptions"
                    size="15"

labelProperty="name"/>
In my ActionForm, I built up a List of options with getId() and
getName() methods. Then I built an Integer[] of selectedOptions that
correspond to the getId() method on each option. I'm sure you could do
the same thing w/ an Integer[] of length 1. Just remove the
multiple="true" and size="15" from the <html:select> tag and you should
be good to go.

There's probably a better way, but this should work.

David

Posted by Brian McSweeney <br...@aurium.net>.
Not sure exactly what you are talking about but if you want to
have option values and labels you can use the struts

where property corresponds to the option value and labelProperty
corresponds to what is displayed.

hth,
brian