Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2007/08/27 02:45:38 UTC

Our presentation at the August JCP EC F2F

Here's the presentation I gave.  It followed a presentation that Sun
gave.  You can write to Sun for a copy of their slides.   It probably
goes w/o saying that there was quite a bit of discussion.  The PDF is
attached.

Due to lack of quorum, both motions will be going to "electronic
vote" - meaning that instead of waiting until the next meeting, we'll
vote on these motions over email.   I'll be forwarding to the PMO the
exact wording in a few days.

Apache will vote "yes" to both motions.  The results of the vote will
be private to the JCP.  Members can see the result.  However, feel
free to ask your friendly neighborhood EC member how they will vote
(after we get the final language dafts to them :)

geir

Re: Our presentation at the August JCP EC F2F

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Aug 26, 2007, at 10:29 PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On 8/26/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
>> Apache will vote "yes" to both motions.  The results of the vote will
>> be private to the JCP.  Members can see the result.  However, feel
>
> Does this mean that individual members will be able to see the result?
>  Or, only the EC?

Members.  There are minutes posted from the meetings for the entire JCP

geir

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Aug 26, 2007, at 11:05 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Geir,
>
> Who is the sun contact?

Well, it was Onno, the PMO chair who gave the presentation,
presumably on behalf of the representative from Sun.  (It's confusing
when the PMO acts as a member entity rather than the administrative
organization).

I suspect that just writing to the main PMO contact address as found
on the jcp website will get you an answer.

geir

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Geir,

Who is the sun contact?