Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tyler Bird <bi...@epromo.com> on 2007/01/23 20:13:40 UTC

Making warnings trigger errors.

Does anybody know if there is a module

or some kind of directive in either perl or mod_perl
to make warnings produce the same affects as errors.

Thanks

Tyler

Re: Making warnings trigger errors.

Posted by Phil Whelan <ph...@gmail.com>.
> Or to do it lexically:
>
>    use warnings FATAL => 'all';

I used this before to find out where a warning was coming from that I
just could track down. Easy to find if it dies.

Re: Making warnings trigger errors.

Posted by Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com>.
> Just change the signal handler.
>
> $SIG{__WARN__} = $SIG{__DIE__};

Or to do it lexically:

   use warnings FATAL => 'all';

Re: Making warnings trigger errors.

Posted by Michael Peters <mp...@plusthree.com>.

Tyler Bird wrote:
> Does anybody know if there is a module
>
> or some kind of directive in either perl or mod_perl
> to make warnings produce the same affects as errors.

Just change the signal handler.

$SIG{__WARN__} = $SIG{__DIE__};

Not sure why you'd want that though. But sometimes I need some help in tracking
down warnings, so I do something like this:

use Carp;
$SIG{__WARN__} = \&Carp::cluck;

--
Michael Peters