Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com> on 2005/01/21 06:19:15 UTC

ADF Faces EA13 soon available and compatible with MyFaces 1.0.8

Hi All,

For your information.

Matthias asked me to test our component set (ADF Faces) with the MyFaces
implementation. We have now done some initial tests with the 1.0.8 build
and I'm pleased to let you know that we feel comfortable announcing
MyFaces (1.0.8) compatibility with our soon to be released ADF Faces
EA13. As soon as we release EA13 I will post an article on the Oracle
technology network explaining on how to use ADF Faces with MyFaces.

Keep up the good job!
Jonas
Oracle ADF Faces team

Re: ADF Faces EA13 soon available and compatible with MyFaces 1.0.8

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Jonas,

I'm curious about the ADF tree component.  Why was it designed to have
to make a round trip to the server every time you click on a node?  I
know the MyFaces tree does this too, but that seems crazy to me.  Why
not just implement the functionality via javascript?

sean

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Hi Matthias,

Answers in line.

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

>Jonas,
>
>that sounds good! I just looked at your blog site
>and saw that ADF Faces contains now <af:validateRegExp/>
>
>Does this *tag* depend on JDK 1.4 and it's Pattern/Matcher
>clazzes? Or are you using Jakarta commons-validator.jar,
>like MyFaces' <x:validateRegExpr/> does?

Yes, we are using the Pattern and Matcher classes in 1.4, and not the
common-validator.jar from Jakarta.

>One thing I didn't found is about licensing?
>Will it be possible to use it *free* ?
>Or only shipped with JDeveloper?

We (or I should say upper management) have not yet decided on the
licensing for ADF Faces. Mostlikely ADF Faces will be available for free
(and I'm working hard to get this approved), and as now available as a
separate downloadable entity, but as I mentioned it is still being
discussed. Of course, if you download the production version of
JDeveloper 10.1.3 you will have ADF Faces in there with some additional
design time features :), such as built-in support for JSR 227.

>BTW. could you change http://tinyurl.com/5pbfy
>since MyFaces works with your component set?

I will definitely update this FAQ as soon as we release EA13 to reflect
that our components are compatible with MyFaces 1.0.8.

>Regards,
>Matthias

Cheers,
Jonas