Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jerome Carless <ca...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/13 14:32:20 UTC

Mentor Request / Project Proposal - API Endpoint - Config #8136

Hi, Im interested in contributing to the airflow project but didn't really
know where to start. I came across the ASF Mentoring Program and decided to
submit a proposal and see if I could get some guidance from the community.

Issue: https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/8136

Summary of My Understanding:

An endpoint should be added to the API that will print the current airflow
configuration.

My Idea For a Solution:

Add a function to airflow/api/common/experimental that utilizes the
AirflowConfigParser to print out the current configuration.

Iv never contributed to airflow or worked on its source code before, but
this task seems straightforward enough. Please let me know if my
understanding of the task seems correct or if there is something I may be
missing.

- Jerome

Re: Mentor Request / Project Proposal - API Endpoint - Config #8136

Posted by Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com>.
Hello,

We have abandoned Jire and you can no longer create new tickets in
Jira. We still have Jire because there are a lot of valuable tickets
there. New tickets should be created at Github.

If you want to start working on something, just write a comment. We
assign people to the ticket very quickly. In the future, we will try
to automate this process.

Best regards,
Kamil

Posted by Alexandre Cazé <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Jerome Carless <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kamil,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will check out one of these tickets. It would
also be great if you picked out more tickets for beginners, it would be
much appreciated.

--
Jerome Carless
467 Valley st

Re: Mentor Request / Project Proposal - API Endpoint - Config #8136

Posted by Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com>.
Hello,

[...]

List of all goof first issue: