Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Davis Ford <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/17 18:15:03 UTC

problem with dependency version ranges?

Hi, I recently switched to 2.0.6 from 2.0.5.  We use dependency
version ranges in our jars, but today I am seeing a problem with them.
 mvn complains that it can no longer find the version range specified.
 Has anyone else seen this problem, and how to work around it?

I have checked the our internal repository (192.168.1.10), and there
are several jars in the range that is specified.  Example:

 <dependency>
            <artifactId>thing</artifactId>
            <groupId>com.whatever</groupId>
            <version>[0.6.,0.7)</version>
 </dependency>

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
No versions are present in the repository for the artifact with a
range [0.6,0.7)
  com.whatever:thing:jar:null
from the specified remote repositories:
  snapshot-doc-http-repository
(http://192.168.1.10/share/maven-diamond-snapshot),
  doc-http-repository (http://192.168.1.10/share/maven),
  maven-fast-repo (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Re: problem with dependency version ranges?

Posted by Davis Ford <da...@gmail.com>.
Cleaning out the local repo resolves this problem.

--
Zeno Consulting, Inc.
http://www.zenoconsulting.biz