Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com> on 2002/02/01 04:34:38 UTC

RE: Struts and Servlet Exec

Craig, sorry for the late response:
I'm running SE41 AS at home on Win2k, JDK1.3.1, Apache for Windows.

I just installed the struts-example web app without incident. Below are the
steps I took.

-opened admin ui
-Under Web Applications I selected "manage"
-I clicked on the "Add Web Application" button
-I entered "struts-example" in the application name field
-I entered "/struts-example/" in the URL context path field
-I entered the "<localpath>\jakarta-struts-1.0\webapps\struts-example.war
where <localpath> is my local path to the jakarta-struts-1.0 directory
-I clicked "Submit"
-I was then able to navigate to the Walking Tour Example, Logon to
MailReader..., and Register with MailReader
-The whole process took less than a minute.

Which version of ServletExec are you running? ISAPI, AS, NSAPI? Can you give
me some configuration details and maybe I can be of more assistance.

robert