Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/26 11:23:48 UTC

Re: hymem crash (was: Re: Remaining M9 issues)

In message <49...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > Maybe I've just been doing something wrong all along. One way it
> > works, another it crashes. Here's what I'm doing.
> >
> > 1. I have the basic federated build setup.
> > 2. 'ant rebuild' from top-folder, 'trunk'
> > 3. 'cd working_classlib\modules\portlib'
> > 4. 'ant test' - all of the native test pass just fine
>
> a good sign
>
> > 5. 'cd ..\..\..\' - go back up to top-folder
> > 6. 'robocopy /mir target\hdk working_classlib\deploy' - copy the
> > federated build to classlib's deploy folder
> > 7. 'cd working_classlib'
> > 8. 'ant test' - after a bit, portlib tests are run and hymem.exe test
> > blows up in the 'hymem_free_memory' method
>
> "blows up" = access violation?  Can you run in windbg and see what is
> happening?
>
> Let me try on my WinXP install and see if the same happens.

This might be a problem with the hythr from classlib being replaced by
the hythr from drlvm - IIRC they have different APIs.  Try copying everything
*except* hythr.dll?

Regards,
 Mark.

Re: hymem crash

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <49...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:
>> Nathan Beyer wrote:
>>> Maybe I've just been doing something wrong all along. One way it
>>> works, another it crashes. Here's what I'm doing.
>>>
>>> 1. I have the basic federated build setup.
>>> 2. 'ant rebuild' from top-folder, 'trunk'
>>> 3. 'cd working_classlib\modules\portlib'
>>> 4. 'ant test' - all of the native test pass just fine
>> a good sign
>>
>>> 5. 'cd ..\..\..\' - go back up to top-folder
>>> 6. 'robocopy /mir target\hdk working_classlib\deploy' - copy the
>>> federated build to classlib's deploy folder
>>> 7. 'cd working_classlib'
>>> 8. 'ant test' - after a bit, portlib tests are run and hymem.exe test
>>> blows up in the 'hymem_free_memory' method
>> "blows up" = access violation?  Can you run in windbg and see what is
>> happening?
>>
>> Let me try on my WinXP install and see if the same happens.
>
> This might be a problem with the hythr from classlib being replaced by
> the hythr from drlvm - IIRC they have different APIs.  Try copying everything
> *except* hythr.dll?

That was my thought too, but then wouldn't you expect much more
catastrophe than a single hymem test failure??

(just rebuilding now)

Regards,
Tim