Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by manoj <ma...@omnesysindia.com> on 2003/04/07 13:01:35 UTC

Re: Cocoon.war file not being created for Cocoon-2.1 dev

Hi folks,

I am new to Cocoon but notice that lots of intersts in the highly promising publishing framework Here are my problems. I have downloaded both cocoon 2.0.4 binary, and deployed with apache tomcat 4.1.2 and seem to be working fine. (ie able to navigate thro various pages in the site) But the error log display the following.

ERROR   (2003-04-07) 14:58.34:984   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/ExcaliburComponentManager: Caught an exception trying to initialize the component handler.
org.apache.avalon.framework.context.ContextException: The hsqldb cannot be used inside a WAR file.
 at org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.contextualize(ServerImpl.java:131)
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:229)
 at
However the access.txt, core.txt , sitemap.txt is getting populated with initialisation and loading details. What could be the reason for this error ?. Does it imply that hsqldb.jar cannot be part of the cocoon.war file ? or does it mean that it is not accessible from the current env. setup ? How can i avoid this error ?

Now coming back to Cocoon 2.1 cvs built war. The cocoon2.1 war was built and deployed with apache 4.1.2. Here it fails at the same point and the error log display the same message as above

ERROR   (2003-04-07) 15:12.44:394   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/ExcaliburComponentManager: Caught an exception trying to initialize the component handler.
org.apache.avalon.framework.context.ContextException: The hsqldb cannot be used inside a WAR file.
 at org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.contextualize(ServerImpl.java:131)
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:229)
 at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:98)
 at

More over with Cocoon 2.1dev this error is so severe that and cocoon is not getting initialised. I have given the security permission all to this war file. More over the library jars path where the hsql.jar reside  in the cocoon-files/lib folder which is outside the web-inf folder which can be directly accessed even with out security permission which means this is not a jar accessibility problem. Then is it a bug ?  Anyone can comment on this plz.....

Rgs,
Manoj

Re: Cocoon.war file not being created for Cocoon-2.1 dev

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
I don't think you specify your servlet container, but check to see if you
have configured it
to "expand" wars on load.  If you are going to use hsql (a light database
engine enabled by default in full build but only needed for the database
samples) you must run your servlet container in expand wars mode or hsql
will have no work directory.

That cocoon fails to start at all in 2.1dev probably should not be.  If you
can confirm it and provide a reproducible test case with a clean build,
please file a bug in bugzilla.

Geoff