Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2020/07/03 15:01:42 UTC

shall we release common uima-wide build pom?

Looking at the history of the uima-wide parent-pom (it's at version
14-SNAPSHOT), it has 2 Jiras and an improvement to the rat configuration (to
print names of files with license issues).

The 2 Jiras (thanks to Richard :-) ) :

[UIMA-6184] Move code quality profiles to parent POM

* Formatting (mostly tabs -> spaces)
* Exclude Eclipse .factorypath file from rat check
* Replaced findbugs with spotbugs since the former is no longer maintained
* Replaced cobertura with jacoco since the former is no longer maintained
* Updated PMD version
* Pass encoding and targetJdk parameters on to PMD
* Updated japicmp-maven-plugin version
* Make postAnalysisScript path configurable via a simple property instead of
forcing downstream POMs to re-declare the plugin

[UIMA-6181] Fix complaints about maven-plugin-plugin in Eclipse

- Added m2e lifecycle configuration for maven-plugin-plugin since mavendev m2e
connector is no longer maintained
- Minor formatting

There's a Jira for the uimaj (core) which depends on this being released.

Any objections to going ahead and releasing this?

-Marshall

Re: shall we release common uima-wide build pom?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
On 10. Jul 2020, at 17:07, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

> Is there a Jira for doing this (yet)?

I have created one now: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-6254

-- Richard

Re: shall we release common uima-wide build pom?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
On 10. Jul 2020, at 17:07, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

> Is there a Jira for doing this (yet)?  Seems like we should do this first;
> otherwise all projects inheriting from the new parent-pom will need to have
> their own version of this script.

I don't see a relevant issue in Jira updated since we discussed this in May:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-6251?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20updated%20%3E%3D%202020-05-18

... so I guess there is no issue yet.

-- Richard

Re: shall we release common uima-wide build pom?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
good point.